Saturday, April 30, 2011
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
You sit in the swamp and act like you are a National Geographic videographer. You zoom in on the vocal sac of a Northern Spring Peeper, a tiny frog with a shrill voice and a built in amplifier. You wait for your academy award nomination.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
You don’t have to buy anything from your co-workers like Girl Scout cookies, candy bars, magazines, Avon products, cookie dough, gift wrap or the boss's body parts after dismemberment.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
You manage unemployment by wandering around (MBWA) with your dogs.
Here are some tips:
- Appear relaxed as you wander.
- Try to spend an equal amount of time with each dog.
- Talk with them about their passions--perhaps, squirrels, chipmunks and biscuits.
- Ask for suggestions for improvement and then ignore them.
- Catch a dog doing something right, like not pooping on the path, and praise him.
- Remain open and responsive to their concerns.
- Convey an image of a coach, not a dog catcher.
- Give them water when you stop wandering on a hot day. On cool days, there is no need for refreshment.
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
No bursts of toxic fragrance in the privy. Some employers think chemical deodorizers are non-monetary incentives in the workplace restroom. Instead, they promote headaches and tinkling in your office trashcan.